Re: Build failure for emulators/qemu

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 at 23:57, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 08:46:33PM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > audio/musicpd needs a similar change.
>
> No, please install a newer sphinx.

I was a bit surprised to see this advice as the day before I cvs
updated my pkgsrc tree and ran (an otherwise very successful)
pkg_rolling-replace; why shouldn't it have upgraded sphinx to the
latest version? It turned out that I had py[23]7_sphinx 1.8.8 and
py39_sphinx 2.4.4 installed - when and how, no idea (I guess, I might
have a failure building py37-sphinx at some stage and have forced the
use of python3.9 for this package in the Makefile, which subsequently
prevented its upgrade as the Makefile contained the cvs conflict
markers). My PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT is 37, I cleaned the package and
updated it, then removed the other two packages (the 27 and 39
version, as they were apparently not needed by anything) and with
py37-sphinx-3.5.3 audio/musicpd builds ok.

The moral of the above is not to rely only on the failure report from
pkg_rolling-replace, but actually scan the log files for failures...

>  Thomas

Thanks,

Chavdar

--