Re: enable icu support by default in libxml2

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 12:54:53PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> But that's an ancient machine (from the late 90s?), so I guess the real
> question is how long does icu take vs libxml2, and other things that one
> needs at the same time.

I would (slightly) prefer to not enable ICU this by default, or at
least offer a well supported option to turn it off.

This is because I need libxslt for all (semi-)automatic test setups
of NetBSD, and this depends on libxml2.

Test setups are often very tiny/week machines (even weeker or with smaller
ram than the Atari tsutsui-san quoted), and of course the most interesting
test setups are for architectures we do not build binary pkgs for.

If ICU will be enabled unconditionally, I'd have to split the postprocessing
out of the test script and move it to a separate machine, which complicates
the setup a lot (but is not impossible).

Martin