Re: pkgsrc bootstrap fails on HaikuOS

Hi,

"Thomas Mueller" <mueller6725%twc.com@localhost> writes:

> from Hung Nguyen Gia <gh_origin%zohomail.com@localhost>:
>
>> The bootstrap also failed on Haiku 64 bit.
>
>> ---- On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 10:53:11 +0700 Hung Nguyen Gia <gh_origin@zohomail .com> wrote ----
>
>>  > It=E2=80=99s Haiku 32 bit. I run setarch x86 before did the bootstrap in order to have a more modern compiler.
>
>>  > Here is the error: https://pastebin.com/gyabd8m6
>
> I am told, on Haiku emailing list, that pkgsrc no longer works on Haiku.
>
> Haiku has its own packaging system, haikuports.

I have just fixed bootstrap pkgsrc on Haiku OS R1/beta2.
See: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/2021/03/13/msg230822.html

The Haiku OS developers will not support pkgsrc officially,
however pkgsrc will support Haiku OS as its third party package management
system.

Thank you.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo%tetera.org@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3