Re: math/blas on netbsd-7

Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost> writes:

> On a bootstrapped netbsd-7 installation I cannot build math/blas

I know you know this, but for the record netbsd-7 is out of support both
from NetBSD and from pkgsrc.  Therefore you should upgrade.  That said,
I get it that sometimes it is hard to upgrade.

Bootstrapping isn't going to change the compiler, by default.

There's probably something wrong in the toolchain in terms of search
paths and configs, and it's probably hard to figure out.

One thing I would try, but not have a lot of hope for, is to in /usr/pkg
build clang, and then bootstrap /usr/pkg2 using variables to point to
that compiler.  But it's still going to build gcc in pkg2 to get gfortran.

> which is needed for net/nmap

At first glance, without understanding, that seems really insane, for
nmap to depend on blas.

Apparently it's a feature:

  http://www.jinglingshu.org/?p=12254

and while useful, it still seems like an incredible dependency load.
Therefore, it seems it ought to be an option.

So my advice is delete the configure line for liblinear and take out
the bl3 line and see what happens.