Build problems in graphviz and xentools413

I downloaded and installed NetBSD-9.99.78 and a -current version of pkgsrc.  Then tried building a subset of the packages I normally install using pkg_comp.  This has been working fine, aside from the typical daily short-term breaks in pkgsrc-current, for a long time.  But the last successful build I did was with NetBSD-9.99.68 and a version of pkgsrc-current from around that time.  Ever since then the builds of graphviz and xentools always fail with the same type of issues.  I’m wondering if there are some new parameters that need to be used in mk,conf or other configuration files that aren’t included in the default installation of either NetBSD or pkgsrc.

Looking at the log files there are a number of warnings about int conversions and such, but I don’t see any hard errors.  I’m assuming that the warnings are being treated as errors. But that begs the question of how these packages are being build in other bulk build runs without additional parameters either in their Makefiles or in the configuration files used for the pbulk runs.

Can someone enlighten me here?
Thanks,