I can't get accented vowels in many text editors

Hello friends,
I can't get accented vowels (â, á, à, ã, etc.) for Brazilian Portuguese
in several text editors (texstudio, texmaker, texworks, kate), and also
in LibreOffice Writer. On the other hand, everything works fine on
Gummi, emacs, vim, claws-mail, pidgin, etc. For an end user like me,
the lack of accentuation significantly limits the functionality of the
system.

The applications were compiled on NetBSD-current 9.99.77, amd64, based
on pkgsrc-stable (last 3 days).

The same is does not happen in DragonflyBSD and OpenBSD.

Just for sharing, hoping to be useful in some way.

Thanks,

Cascavel.