Re: lang/go on macOS 11.0.1/arm ("Apple Silicon")

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 10:01 PM Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
> > If successful, I’m planning to create a provisional go116 package in
> > pkgsrc-wip for now. This seems like the simplest solution to me, but
> > maybe I’m in over my head with that.
>
> Certainly you are welcome to try.

Go 1.16 beta 1 should be released later this week, at which point I
will make a wip/go116 package as usual. (You are welcome to try to
create one ahead of me!)

There has been no official bootstrap binary kit for darwin/arm64 yet.
Apparently, there are issues around notarization of binaries. I can
certainly cross-compile one from HEAD and make that available, but I
have no way of testing it, as I don't own an ARM Mac.

--
Benny