Re: [HEADS UP] pkgsrc default database directory changed

Hello everybody,

while I think the change makes sense (if I understand it correctly, it will make it easier for me in the future to switch between different PKG locations including the corresponding metadata just by renaming the respective /usr/pkg directory), I would be very happy to read a short statement about the chronological classification again.

Is it correct that:

1) this change will be active in pkgsrc-2020Q4
2) requires a more recent pkg_install than the one from NetBSD 9.1

?

Thanks and best regards
Matthias