Strange behavior with net/rsync 3.2.3

I just updated all of my packages, include an update of net/rsync from
3.1.3nb2 --> 3.2.3

Running the command

    rsync -rltv --delete rsync://anoncvs.netbsd.org/cvsroot/CVSROOT \
	/$LOCALDIR/

results in an error message for every directory:

    receiving incremental file list
    default_perms_for_dir: sys_acl_get_file(., ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT): Operation not supported, falling back on umask
    default_perms_for_dir: sys_acl_get_file(CVSROOT, ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT): Operation not supported, falling back on umask

(There are two directories in CVSROOT, Attic and Emptydir)

Running the same command on another directory (the actual NetBSD repo)
results in a lot more error messages, again it appears to be once per
directory.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there something I missed in the rsync
release notes?  Or any other clues?

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:     |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost     |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost   |