Re: Bump - Non-functional xfreerdp2 on 8.1 STABLE - missing POSIX timer_create?

On 17.11.2020 18:06, nia wrote:
I read the actual code that uses POSIX timers, it hasn't changed at all
in the various release candidates.

It all started with this https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/issues/4592

If you want to simulate building with POSIX timer support disabled,
you can do the following:

BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+=	rm:-DWITH_POSIX_TIMER

The FreeBSD-related PR you linked to enables Linux epoll emulation for
a specific code path.

If you want to test if that code path is reached, edit the
"os specific implementation is missing" messages in
work/freerdp-2.1.2/winpr/libwinpr/synch/timer.c.

Note that there are two such messages, and both are identical.
It would be useful to know which one is being triggered.

It's possible we need to either:

1) Enable the "__APPLE__" code paths in that file on NetBSD too.

2) Borrow the epoll emulation code.

I can't test this because I don't have a Windows machine to connect to...

I can test as I do have access to various versions of Windows. In fact I am
testing in any case as it will be good to have working. Probably I will
start with going to current to see the difference as Martin says it somewhat
works for him