Re: Use of PLIST.${OPSYS}

* On 2020-11-03 at 17:03 GMT, Frederic Fauberteau wrote:

> For now, the PLIST file contains:
> lib/libobjc.so.4
>
> There is a PLIST.FreeBSD that contains:
> lib/libobjc.so.4

> When I read the documentation, I understand that the package PLIST
> file is generated by adding the content of the several PLIST.* files
> present in the working directory. If it is correct, it sounds like
> PLIST.FreeBSD is useless...

Correct, the PLIST.FreeBSD file is entirely useless.

> In my situation, I would remove lib/libobjcxx.so* in the case of
> OPSYS==FreeBSD. How could I do this?

Generally you'd do this by adding to PLIST_VARS, e.g. "objcxx",
prepend ${PLIST.objcxx} to each line in the PLIST that is conditional
on it, then in the Makefile have a section which sets PLIST.objcxx=yes
for any OS which needs it (or reverse the logic in this case).