Re: Bareos in pkgsrc / Web Console?

On 27/10/2020 14:10, Greg Troxel wrote:
Part of the issues is that when people built packages one at a time,
MESSAGE was more useful.  With bulk installation tools of any kind, as
are almost universally used (pkgin, pkg_rolling-replace, etc.) MESSAGE
ends up lost.  Thus, I look at each use of MESSAGE as a workaround for a
bug in upstream docuementation.

Not disagreeing with anything you have said here but one thing that I have noticed when comparing pkgin to FreeBSD's pkg is that pkg provides a command that can display the MESSAGE file for a package which is quite a useful thing to have (even for when usage of it is rare). Could this be an option that pkgin gets?

Mike