Re: skip checking py27-setuptools in pkg_rr?

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 14:26, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I suggest removing py27-setuptools before running pkg_rr.

Yes, just pkg_delete -f.  If you are feeling compulsive, set

If you remove py27-setuptools, you won’t be able to rebuild it anymore from source, it now requires python3. You might be able to reinstall it from the old binary package, but this defeats the purpose.

unsafe_depends on all the dependencies.   Leaving the rest has them on

the list of be replaced.

If you remove them all, you then have to keep track and rebuild them.

That ends up being a blend of pkg_rr and make update and I don't expect

joy from that combination!

--
----