Re: pkgsrc on OpenBSD

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> checking for MACHINE & MACHINE_ARCH...
> defaults: MACHINE=amd64, MACHINE_ARCH=amd64
> Using: MACHINE=amd64, MACHINE_ARCH=x86_64
>
> [...]
>
> Is this what it should be?

that sounds like it is being normalized.

> oc@OpenBSD:~/cvs/pkgsrc/bootstrap$ /usr/pkg/bin/bmake show-var
> VARNAME=MACHINE
> malloc() warning: unknown char in MALLOC_OPTIONS
> bmake: don't know how to make show-var. Stop
>
> bmake: stopped in /home/oc/cvs/pkgsrc/bootstrap
>
> Maybe just me? This was reported here:
> https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2017/04/12/msg024700.html

show-vars is plural :-)

So probably there is a missing normalization in pkg_install.  But first
this needs a clear design about about MACHINE_ARCH is being handled.  If
we are going to translate openbsd's uname -p of amd64 to x86_64, that
has to happene everywhere.