Re: many packages failing to build with a libtool issue (probably nothing to do with pkg_rr)

On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 06:45:05 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Hauke Fath <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost> writes:
>
>> Does this speak to anybody?
>
> No, but I always ask that bugs that are not about pkg_rr not be reported
> as such. [...]

Mkay... I generally run the moral equivalent of

nice -n ${NICENESS} pkg_rolling-replace -rusv ${_excludes} 2>&1 | tee
${_buildlog}

from a shell script in tmux. Some packages (prominently firefox,
thunderbird) appear to object to that (maybe the redirect?), with
usually obscure errors, and insist on a manual build, which then
succeeds. But the current libtool fallout is unusual.

As I mentioned, in this case too, a manual build of the package failing
under pkg_rr then succeeds. I didn't mean to point a finger at pkg_rr,
but the failures I see happen in builds started from it.

Cheerio,
Hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost>