Re: xentools413 build failure

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 at 13:35, Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> For historic reasons, this variable has a misleading name. This variable
> basically means "before creating and installing the package, run a few
> checks to validate that the package will be usable".
>
> Some of these checks are:
>
> * Does the list of installed files match the PLIST from the package?
>
> * Does every #! interpreter that is mentioned in one of the installed
> files actually exist?
>
> The variable PKG_DEVELOPER should be set to "yes" by everyone, not only
> by pkgsrc developers.

Random thought, when PKG_DEVELOPER (renamed or not) is defaulted in,
can we have the checks throw an error indicating how to bypass?

eg:
ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in
/var/obj/pkg/x11/bob/work/.destdir/usr/pkg:
ERROR:         /var/obj/pkg/x11/bob/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/bin/bob
ERROR: See <reference to pkgsrc html docs>, or set
PKG_BYPASS_CHECKS=YES on make command to bypass (not recommended)