Re: cmake needs -ltinfo on Linux

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 03:21:24AM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
> On 16/06/2020 02:00, adr%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
> > I'm sorry, I don't understand what do you mean. I'm not talking
> > about removing curses.buildlink3.mk. What I'm trying to say is that
> > adding terminfo.buildlink3.mk will add terminfo to netbsd, and is
> > not needed.  The solution is to let the package peak -ltinfo if
> > ncurses is split.
>
> Let me say it one more time

You don't need to, I was responding to Joerg.

> > ncurses|tinfo is not the same as netbsd curses|terminfo.
> > cbreak is in netbsd curses.
> > If ncurses is split, cbreak is in libtinfo.
>
> ncurses is broken then.
> POSIX states that cbreak is in curses.
> https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xcurses/cbreak.html

That's not POSIX, that's X/Open Curses.

Is _not_ the same.

> However, that doesn't stop us from adding a cbreak test to the terminfo.mk
> files like we do for curses features or from adding terminfo to the package
> even if it doesn't really use terminfo from a NetBSD perspective.

Then you have to add terminfo.buildlink3.mk to every package that
use curses and remake a check that almost every package does by
itself only when is necessary (when using ncurses).

Look, I'm tired. I can't be more clear. I've shown you (pkgsrc-users)
a problem. I've suggested a solution.

Do as you wish.

Regards,
adr.