Re: elinks upgrade request

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 09:10:53PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> Would be good to have some guideline. Just instinctively I feel the
> following is better, but I may be wrong:
>
> ${RUN} cd ${WRKSRC} && ${CONFIG_SHELL} autogen.sh

Just seeing it minutely further. If one uses &&, ${RUN} which is just set
-e is unnecessary anyway.

For now I am committing as

cd ${WRKSRC} && ${CONFIG_SHELL} autogen.sh

BTW there are approximately 40 variants of doing the same thing in
different ways (see my previous mail).

And this is 41st! Really disliked adding yet another. It will be good if
there is a good style guideline for running autogen, probably in pkgsrc
guide.

I have fixed all TODOs and lint errors now and am also using the package
daily for last 2/3 days with no issues noticed. In my view we are good to
go with its adoption. As we discussed on the thread www/elinks is dead
with no release for 8 years and its creators also confirming so, and
felinks is the way forward.

Mayuresh