Re: Updated openconnect to 8.10 (with patch)

On 2020-05-25 10:51, Jason Bacon wrote:
On 2020-05-25 09:32, Louis Guillaume wrote:

On 2020-05-16 10:57, Louis Guillaume wrote:
Hi,

I've locally updated net/openconnect to 8.10. This was an effort to get it building on MacOS with python37.

Attached is a new PLIST.Darwin to go with the package and a patch for the other stuff.

I tested on NetBSD and MacOS Catalina.

Is there anything else needed to get this committed?

--
Louis
Hello Louis,

Thanks for the contribution.  If you'd like to contribute to pkgsrc in the future and you're familiar with using git, you might consider becoming a pkgsrc-wip committer:

    https://pkgsrc.org/wip/

I've restored the openconnect package in the wip collection (it was there before, but removed) and added your update + a couple of fixes:

1. Removed redundant lines from PLIST.Darwin
2. Updated COMMENT and DESCR to reflect the current capabilities

Generally, new packages or updates like this are added to pkgsrc-wip to make them convenient for others to test and improve.  While in wip, they go through QA to meet standards in the guide (https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/developers-guide.html) and then are imported into pkgsrc-proper.

Cheers,

    JB

So when I actually tested this on my Mac, all the share/doc entries unique to PLIST.Darwin were not installed, which caused bmake install to fail.  Generally docs should be consistently installed or not on all platforms, so this would not be a valid use of PLIST.Darwin anyway. Might there be something in your Mac environment that's causing openconnect to install docs by default?

I removed PLIST.Darwin from the wip package and openconnect seems to work fine on my Mac (I can only test with GlobalProtect VPN, --protocol=gp).

Hopefully others can test the package with other supported VPNs. It seems to support AnyConnect, Pulse Connect, and GlobalProtect:

https://www.infradead.org/openconnect/

Regards,

     JB

Hi Jason,

My copy is building the docs for some reason. With the latest in wip, I now get PLIST errors. See below.

What version of OS X are you on? How about XCode?

L # xcodebuild -version
Xcode 11.4.1
Build version 11E503a
L # uname -a
Darwin L.local 19.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 19.4.0: Wed Mar  4 22:28:40 PST 2020; root:xnu-6153.101.6~15/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

--
Louis

=> Automatic manual page handling
=> Generating post-install file lists
=> Checking file-check results for openconnect-8.10
ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg but not in the PLIST: ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/anyconnect.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/building.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/changelog.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/charset.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/connecting.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/contribute.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/csd.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/download.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/features.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/globalprotect.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/gui.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/hip.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/images/left.png ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/images/left2.png ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/images/leftsel.png ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/images/leftsel2.png ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/images/openconnect.png ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/images/openconnect.svg ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/images/right.png ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/images/right2.png ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/images/rightsel.png ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/images/rightsel2.png ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/inc/content.tmpl ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/inc/footer.tmpl ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/inc/header.tmpl ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/index.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/juniper.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/licence.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/mail.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/manual.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/nonroot.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/packages.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/pkcs11.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/platforms.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/pulse.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/styles/main.css ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/tncc.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/token.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/tpm.html ERROR: /opt/pkgobj/wip/openconnect/work/.destdir/opt/pkg/share/doc/openconnect/vpnc-script.html
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake[1]: stopped in /zabrico/pkgsrc/wip/openconnect
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /zabrico/pkgsrc/wip/openconnect

Hi Louis,

I doubt it has anything to do with the Darwin or Xcode versions.

For some reason, the configure script is choosing to build docs on your system and not on mine.  The most likely reason is that it's detecting something in your environment or some package you happen to have installed that's required for building docs.

Try running "bmake configure |& tee out" and check the build options it comes up with for you.  Mine are shown below.  You can also check ${WRKSRC}/config.log and ${WRKSRC}/configure to try and see how it decides whether to include docs in the build.

Running "work/openconnect-8.10/configure --help | more" might provide some clues about how to control it.  If so, we could make docs an option.

Configure scripts are nice in some ways, but problematic for build-from-source package managers where we like to have a static PLIST, because they make decisions behind our backs based on what they find available on each system.  There's always a solution, though, and usually a pretty clean one.

Best,

    JB

BUILD OPTIONS:
  SSL library:            OpenSSL
  PKCS#11 support:        no
  DTLS support:           yes
  ESP support:            yes
  libproxy support:       yes
  RSA SecurID support:    no
  PSKC OATH file support: no
  GSSAPI support:         no
  Yubikey support:        no
  LZ4 compression:        no
  Java bindings:          no
  Build docs:             no
  Unit tests:             no
  Net namespace tests:    no

Thunderbird vaporized your last response and I don't feel like digging through archives, so I'll just reply to what I recall.

The build options above are from a NetBSD installation.  On my Mac, the build options are closer to yours, but only the "Build docs" variation affects PLIST.

I looked at the configure script and it seems that the ultimate decision is based on whether groff can create UTX-8 XHTML.  pkgsrc groff can and Darwin groff apparently cannot.  There's no civilized way to disable it that I can see, so I think we'll just have to patch the configure script.  I committed a patch the unconditionally disables the HTML docs.  I don't think anyone would want them, so this is probably reasonable.

Please test and let me know if there are any remaining issues.

    JB