Re: Do I need more coffee, do I need to re-strap my pkgsrc, or am I losing my mind here? Not an experienced user nor any kind of pkgsrc hacker. (FreeBSD)

* On 2020-05-24 at 10:46 BST, Ellenor Malik wrote:

> ===> Creating toolchain wrappers for cmake-3.17.2nb3
> ERROR: rhash>=1.3.1 is not installed; can't buildlink files.

You only ever see the "can't buildlink files" error if there is
inconsistent dependency state.

Usually this is caused by changing some PKG_OPTIONS or PREFER_PKGSRC,
or trying to build local packages using binary packages from a remote
repository without being in sync with the options used, without
rebuilding all of your affected packages.

Any time you change local settings that affect the dependency graph
you need to:

 * Rebuild all affected packages, or better, rebuild everything just
   in case there are some dependencies that aren't obvious.

 * Remove any old packages that were built with the previous settings
   that could possibly end up being installed.

 * Remove all work directories (this is good practise after every
   build anyway).

Everything across your pkgsrc install must always be in a consistent
state.

Hope that helps,