Re: firefox fails to build on netbsd-8 amd64

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 at 17:28, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 at 05:29, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
> >>
> >> I have an almost-up-to-date netbsd-8 amd64 system, and pkgsrc current.
> >> I have rebuilt all mismatched/unsafe packages.  Even rust built ok.
> >>
> >> My system has 24G of RAM and a 14G /tmp, and /tmp has 8.8G free.  So
> >> that shouldn't be it.
> >>
> >> www/firefox fails to build.  Restarting the build results in the same
> >> error.  Does this build for other people?
>
> > Try to force rebuild devel/cbindgen.
>
> I did a make replace of that.  It didn't chagne the behavior, which
> didn't surprise me as cbindgen was rebuilt after rust, relatively
> recently.

I mentioned it as I had a problem in February to build firefox doing
pkg_rolling-replace; it didn't pick cbindgen as a package to update,
even if rust was updated; later it worked. It was just a shot in the
dark.

> Did that work for you?  Do you know if there is a missing dependency?

I have built firefox-74-0 twice now (first time on its own, using
whatever rust was at the time, and second time as part of
pkg_rolling-replace).

> Joerg just removed a patch in firefox, and I updated and rebuilt after
> that commit.  Same kind of error.
>

> So far nobody has reported success.  So I ask again:
>
>   Has *anyone* been able to build firefox under netbsd-8 amd64?

All my machines with pkgsrc run -current.

>   If so, are you using any non-default configuration?

In my /etc/mk.conf relevant bits (as far as I can see) are only

PKG_OPTIONS.llvm += -llvm-target-aarch64 -llvm-target-arm
-llvm-target-bpf -llvm-target-hexagon -llvm-target-lanai
-llvm-target-mips -llvm-target-msp430 -llvm-target-nvptx
-llvm-target-powerpc -llvm-target-sparc -llvm-target-systemz
PKG_OPTIONS.rust+= rust-llvm
PKG_OPTIONS.firefox+= official-mozilla-branding

On a side note, firefox-74.0 dumps core for me if I use any OpenGL
stuff (under VirtualBox at least); firefox 73.0.1 works just fine (but
this of course is hardly relevant to your problem).

--
----