Re: wxGTK 28 vs 30?

Thomas Klausner <tk%giga.or.at@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 11:00:58AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> We default to 28.  What's the current wisdom about whether 2.8 vs 3.0 is
>> the preferred system default these days?
>
> I think the default depends on the package, and I switched the
> packages I could to 30.

mk/wxGTK.mk has:
  WXGTK_DEFAULT?= WXGTK28

and packages  can set
  WXGTK_ACCEPTED

But, if a package works with 28 and 30, and thus doesn't set ACCEPTED or
sets it to both, it will get built with 28.

So while I think it's great to mark each package if it works 28/30, my
question was really about what the preferred approach is for packages
that work with both, and if we should change WXGTK_DEFAULT to WXGTK30.