Re: Binary package for spamassassin requires excessive dependencies?

On 2020-03-08 12:50 p.m., Dave Ellis wrote:
I'll update this thread once I figure out where the problem is.  If anyone has any ideas please feel welcome to make suggestions.

Solved!

So the problem appears to have been created when I added a second repository address to repositories.conf.

During an earlier install on another system some packages weren't showing up in the 9.0/All directory yet, so I added a second line to repositories.conf file listing the 8.1/All directory on this system too.  Only in doing so I accidentally left a trailing "/" at the end and this seems to be the source of the problem, so entirely self-inflicted.

    #
    # Pkgin repositories list
    #
    http://cdn.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/9.0/All
    http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/8.1/All/

By either removing the trailing slash or second line entirely the problem is fixed and binary packages install as expected.

Kind regards,
Dave