Re: Installing clang alongside GCC on NetBSD 9

Jason Bacon <outpaddling%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> Certainly.  You can also install multiple GCC versions simultaneously.
>
> Individual packages can be easily modified to select any compiler, but
> you have to be careful about which tool chains you mix due to ABI
> differences, especially with C++.

Is that more precisely

  "with C++, you really can't mix gcc and clang"

and

  "with plain C, you can"

?

Also, the OP may find these useful

  https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/clang/
  https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/pkgsrc/clang/

Others may think they aren't right, in which case they are invited to
fix them or send me mail saying what's wrong.