Re: Error compiling libxslt (as a dependency of tig) under Slackware Linux

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020, 12:35 Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 at 09:48, Noryungi <noryungi%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Ottavio,
>
> Thank you for your answer. However, this is a completely new pkgsrc installation. There are no packages to update our replace as far as I can tell.

Hi, it's difficult for me to add a meaningful reply if you top post.

I've googled "liblzma.la' is not a valid libtool archive" and all it
comes out with is somewhat related to Slackware or Vector Linux, which
is a Slackware derivative.

All I can suggest is to build a new bootstrap with "--prefer-pkgsrc
yes" and see if that changes anything.

Ottavio,

Stop me if I am wrong, but I believe "--prefer-pkgsrc yes" is the default... Or is it?

I haven't touched this option when bootstrapping pkgsrc, so I'll try a new installation using that option.

Thanks for your help, and sorry about the top posting.

N.