Re: Recent if_stat changes have broken sysutils/xosview

On 09/02/2020 01:52, Jason Thorpe wrote:

On Feb 8, 2020, at 4:04 PM, Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:

The package no longer builds.  Fails with (among others)

error: 'struct ifnet' has no member named 'if_ibytes'; did you mean 'if_index'?

"struct ifnet" is private to the kernel.  This application should be using the properly exported data that's available via ioctls for this purpose.

We have far too many kernel only things exposed to userland.

A constant beef of mine is that we #define if_type in sys/net/if.h which causes conflict building hostapd/wpa_supplicant has they have an enum if_type.

If we can resolve this it would make me a lot happier!
I tried to have a go solving this about a year ago, but gave up due to some userland stuff like this no longer working.
If we can solve it via ioctl then awesome.

Roy