Re: i386-current ICE/Bus error building wxGTK30?

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 02:36:57PM +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> which helped for my case. Although I didn't get ICEs, if I remember
> correctly, but some error which in a difficult way wanted to tell me
> that upon reading the precompiled header file, the addresses weren't the
> same any more.

This is a design problem with gcc's precompiled header support. They are
not relocatble, so the compiler tries to guess a memory address (depending
on the OS/architecture) that is likely to be free and uses that both when
creating the data and when loading it from disk.

If the address is not available on load, the compiler aborts.

IIRC the compiler error shows the address it tries to load the data to,
maybe we need to patch it? Can you show the exact error message?

Side note: we are talking about a base system gcc here or pkgsrc gcc?
Which version?

Martin