Re: i386-current ICE/Bus error building wxGTK30?

On Wed 22 Jan 2020 at 09:51:35 -0500, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
> I thought I'd hit an ICE (not just a failure to compile code, which was
> also occurring) with libfilezilla, but maybe I'm misremembering. I
> can't duplicate that now. I can duplicate an ICE building the filezilla
> client, perhaps because it uses wxGTK30. These both include PCH, so it
> appears that's indeed the general issue. (PCH plus C++, or just PCH?)

I had problems with precompiled headers too. I disabled ASLR for cc1
etc:

$ pwd
/mnt/scratch/scratch/chroot/pkg_comp.amd64-8.1/default/usr/pkg/gcc7/libexec/gcc/x86_64--netbsd/7.4.0
$ paxctl cc*
cc1: PaX flags:
cc1:   a: ASLR, explicit disable
cc1obj: PaX flags:
cc1obj:   a: ASLR, explicit disable
cc1objplus: PaX flags:
cc1objplus:   a: ASLR, explicit disable
cc1plus: PaX flags:
cc1plus:   a: ASLR, explicit disable

which helped for my case. Although I didn't get ICEs, if I remember
correctly, but some error which in a difficult way wanted to tell me
that upon reading the precompiled header file, the addresses weren't the
same any more.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on