libreoffice build error

This issue sounds familiar and I recollect doing something to work around
this, but not recollecting exactly what.

I think it had something to do with base version being older than pkg and
the build process picking up base somehow.

checking for FONTCONFIG... no
configure: error: Package requirements (fontconfig >= 2.4.1) were not met:

Package 'freetype2', required by 'fontconfig', not found

$ pkg_info fontconfig freetype2 | grep Information
Information for fontconfig-2.13.1:
Information for freetype2-2.10.1:

Anyone knows how to go past this?

This is on NetBSD-8.0 amd64 and pkgsrc-current.

Mayuresh