Re: pkgsrc-2019Q3 64-bit bootstrap is broken on Solaris 11

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 09:10:00 +0100
Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:

> * On 2019-10-11 at 08:48 BST, Sad Clouds wrote:
>
> > I looked at bootstrap README files and pkgsrc online guide but not
> > found anything that would tell me what they do. Specifically
> >
> > --binary-kit <tarball>
>
> Creates a tarball of the bootstrap at the end of the process.
>
> > --compiler <compiler>
>
> Used to set PKGSRC_COMPILER, but only required if the bootstrap script
> cannot figure out what compiler is being used automatically.
>
> > --cwrappers <auto|yes|no>
>
> Should be removed as an option when the legacy wrappers are removed
> and cwrappers becomes the default.
>
> > --full
>
> Build everything that bootstrap provides rather than just what the
> host system actually requires.  For example even if the host system
> provides a sed(1) that is fully compatible with pkgsrc, --full will
> build and install nbsed and use it.
>
> > --prefer-pkgsrc <list|yes|no>
>
> Documented here:
>
>   https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/buildlink.html#native-or-pkgsrc-preference
>
> The main purpose of having a bootstrap argument for it is to ensure
> that the settings are in sync from the beginning, as changing PREFER_*
> after you have started building packages will normally result in
> running into dependency conflicts.
>
> --
> Jonathan Perkin  -  Joyent, Inc.  -  www.joyent.com

OK thanks for that, looks like I need to make some changes to my
Solaris scripts for bootstrap, not used pkgsrc on Solaris for years now.

What is the default if "--prefer-pkgsrc" is not specified, does it
defaults to "yes"? I have the following set in my mk.conf after
bootstrap:

PREFER_PKGSRC=yes
PREFER_NATIVE=solaris-pam