Re: no emacs/X binary packages considered bad, and worse than emacs with svg

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Christopher Pinon <cjpinon%secondfloor.xyz@localhost> writes:
>
> > In addition, as far as graphics in emails are concerned, my strong
> > impression is that svg files are *much* rarer than png or jpg or gif
> > files (but perhaps my experience isn't typical).
>
> That's good to hear another view; that was my impression too.

In practice, svg files are more akin to eps files in that they are
(resolution-independent) vector images, typically used as source files
for graphics. Usually, if you want to send someone an image, you first
create a raster image for some common resolution. For this reason, svg
files are usually considered to be "more valuable" than png or jpg or
gif files, and in many cases, you have to pay for svg files.

This completes my speculation about why svg files are (by all signs)
much less common than png or jpg or gif files in emails. :-) (By the
way, eps files are also rare in emails.)

C.