Re: Vim: Caught deadly signal ABRT

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 at 10:14, <maya%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> So, upstream knows that vim crashes with FORTIFY_SOURCE, and tries to
> force-disable it. They think it's not a bug.

This is what I found in work/editors/vim/work/.work.log:

gcc/bin/gcc -m64 --version -std=gnu99 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-fstack-protector
-I/home/oc/pkgsrc/work/editors/vim/work/.buildlink/include
<Ottavio> cc -c -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -I/usr/include
-I/opt/pkg/include/ncurses -I/usr/include -I/opt/pkg/include/ncurses
conftest.c

There must be some patch somewhere forcing D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 and
overriding D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1.

I also tried to build with "bmake CFLAGS=D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1" and the
work.log output was the same.

I tend to think that Bram Moolenaar might have a point, but I can't
say what part of the build implements this flag.

Building with 'bmake CFLAGS=-g INSTALL_UNSTRIPPED=yes replace'
produces a binary that doesn't crash at startup.

--
Ottavio Caruso