python opencv dependency

I am using pkgsrc opencv. Running python3.7, "import cv2" works. Trying
to write a setup.py file which mentions that dependency fails:

# cat setup.py
from setuptools import setup

setup(
        name='cvtest',
        version='0.1',
        description='How to depend on cv2',
        install_requires=['cv2']
)
# python3.7 setup.py install
running install
Processing dependencies for cvtest==0.1
Searching for cv2
Reading https://pypi.org/simple/cv2/
No local packages or working download links found for cv2
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('cv2')

If I change 'cv2' to 'numpy', the same code happily finds py37-numpy-1.16.4

Any idea on what the difference is?

Cheers,

Patrick