Re: www/amaya - query for users/maintainers

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 03:11:08PM +0000, nia wrote:
 > Is anyone interested in keeping and maintaining www/amaya?
 >
 > It's been failing in all recent bulk builds on new OS versions, and
 > is several versions out of date. Despite this, last release by
 > upstream was in 2012, but I don't think there's been much development
 > since.
 >
 > I personally think anyone who needs a lightweight browser/web editor
 > would be better served by either NetSurf or SeaMonkey, but I want to
 > ask if anyone is interested in making Amaya work again (and updating
 > it) before I remove it.
 >
 > Maybe it offers something the others don't.

I think I'm the last person who did anything substantive with amaya,
and that was only because it was failing in the bulk builds for long
enough to irritate me and I don't like seeing things die of apathy.

I would describe it as a pile of junk and if you or anyone are looking
for an old smaller browser (it's also not especially small) to fix up,
you're probably better off looking elsewhere.

(in fact, I see you already removed it)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost