Re: USE_LANGUAGES=c++11 but no C++ 11 compiler (NetBSD 7.1)

> The question being, is there no mechanism in pkgsrc to build and use a better compiler (e.g. LLVM or a newer GCC) if required?
I suggested one, implemented it, it works for me, but it hasn't been adopted.

There were many discussions about this, there is even a Wiki page on the problem, but no consensus has been reached. My impression is that some developer aren't interested too much because they run -current and so are not affected.

The main problem remaining (or so I think) is bootstrapping, i.e. what to do with lang/gccNN's dependencies, some of which may need re-building in order to be usable with packages being compiled with the new gccNN just built.

People keep adding GCC_REQD to Makefiles and ever growing seems-to-works-for-me snipplets to their mk.conf's.