Re: removing old firefox ESR releases?

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 01, 2019 at 05:42:16PM +0000, nia wrote:

>> > 52 is the last ESR that does not need rust, please keep it.
>> >
>> > Martin
>>
>> It's probably better to replace it with Pale Moon / Basilisk,
>> which are based on 52 ESR, rather than keep it unchanged.
>
> Maybe, but that should be the users call. Just leave the pkg alone,
> please.

Strongly seconded.

We should only remove packages unless we believe there are essentially
zero users, or we can say with a straight face that it is reasonable to
say to all users -- without understanding their situation -- that they
are behaving in a ridiculous, undefensible mannerand should change to
something else.

Given rust portability issues, limping on firefox52 does not seem like a
crazy thing for people to do.