sed & awk on macOS

Hello,

   For the past few years I've done the following on my macOS systems:

   1) bootstrap pkgsrc
   2) build textproc/nbsed
   3) build lang/nawk
   4) Add the following to ~/pkg/etc/mk.conf:
      TOOLS_PLATFORM.awk?=/Users/jan/pkg/bin/nawk
      TOOLS_PLATFORM.sed?=/Users/jan/pkg/bin/nbsed

   If I don't do this then a few of the packages I use won't build; I
get those typical "invalid sequence" errors.

   Can we make nawk and nbsed permanent parts of the infrastructure in
pkgsrc on macOS?

--
Kind Regards,
Jan