Re: misc/calibre fails to start

I built it on a amd64 -current system, as of two days ago. It also is used to build NetBSD for the two test systems, one a VirtualBox guest with xfce4 and ctwm, the other an HP laptop with kde4, mate, xfce4 and ctwm.

I have usually PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT set to 37, but for tje time of the build I commented it out, python versions can cause problems with some builds.

Both systems have functional AIGLX. Xorg is the in tree, I haven't tried it yet on a system with modular Xorg.

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019, 21:49 Bob Bernstein, <poobah%ruptured-duck.com@localhost> wrote:

On 2019-04-23 04:17, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

> For what is worth, I just built the same version on -current amd64,
> -current pkgsrc. It works fine for me.

So that I might gain some understanding of how the environment in which
I am attempting to launch calibre may differ from yours, would you be
kind enough to provide some information about your system?

For example, what X do you run? Do you use a display manager? A
window-manager, or a "desktop?"

I boot into the CLI and then launch xorg with startx. My ~.xinitrc file
calls icewm and little else:

% cat .xinitrc
xrdb ~/.Xresources
#/usr/pkg/bin/xscreensaver &
#exec lxsession
#exec xfce4-session
icewm-session

--
What can be asserted without evidence can be
dismissed without evidence.