Re: Multiple local distfile directories?

On 4/10/2019 8:37 PM, Roland Illig wrote:

Thu Apr 11 01:23:50 MESZ 2019 Michael Huff :

> Hi
>
> I'm wondering if there's a way to tell pkgsrc to search multiple *local*
> distfile folders, so I can re-use what I've already downloaded without
> having everything splatted in a single folder? For example, I have:
>
> /usr/pkgsrc-2018Q3/distfiles
>
> /usr/pkgsrc-2018Q4/distfiles
>
> /usr/pkgsrc-2019Q1/distfiles
>
> I would like to set it up so that when I build a package, pkgsrc
> searches in those directories for the source and only downloads it from
> the net if the file isn't found in one of them. I've read the guide, the
> faq and the closest I can find to what I'm looking for is
> pkgtools/dfdisk, but according to the DESC file it only works with
> cdroms and network locations.

You probably missed the helpful "make help". Where should it be documented so that you would have found it?

Since your problem is somewhat related to DISTDIR, chances are that there is something in the documentation near it. And indeed, when you run "make help topic=distdir", there is DIST_PATH, which looks exactly like the thing you want.

It's a bit strange that this list is colon-separated and not space-separated like almost everything else in pkgsrc, but if that is the biggest obstacle, you should be fine.

You're right -I completely missed it, it did not even occur to use "make help". A bit embarassing all things considered, but now I know!

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.