Re: nodejs fails on make install -current i386

If your search string starts with a dash, you need to call grep -- -not.
Phil Rulon <pjr%zephyrite.net@localhost> schrieb am Di. 19. Feb. 2019 um 09:49:
Greg Troxel writes:
> Phil Rulon <pjr%zephyrite.net@localhost> writes:
> > What's notable is that the make phase runs fine.  It's only when make install
> > is run, that missing files are discovered.  I've looked at the code a bit,
> > this package is one of the relatively hairy ones, so far no joy.  I did try it
> > with PKG_DEVELOPER=yes.  I'm not much of an autotools guy, so it's slow going.
>
> The make phase emits an error.  So there are two things wrong: using the
> presumably non-POSIX "-not", and failing to check exit status of find.

At least two.

> A quick grep over the tree yields:
>
>   ./work/node-v10.14.2/deps/v8/tools/android-sync.sh:  for FILE in $(find "$HOST_V8/$DIR" -not -path "*.svn*" -type f); do
>   ./work/node-v10.14.2/deps/v8/tools/check-inline-includes.sh:  headers=$(find "$v8_root/$directory" -name '*.h' -not -name
> '*-inl.h')
>
> So probably that's the issue.
>
> You mith try changing to \! which is I think the standard form.

Good call.  I did and there was progress.  I'm a bit curious what you grepped.
My go was:

  find . -type f -exec grep '-not' {} \; -print

and nothing.

I changed the noted files and there was no more -not errors.  Again there was no
errors on the build.  At 'make install' there are a number of errors about openssl
header files being missing.  A bit frustrating, since there is a perfectly good
openssl module in base.

If it makes any sense, I'll make up a patch list with the changes.  The build is
still broken, but at least the find issues are solved.

It's worth mentioning that the GNU man page for find, specifically mentions that
-not is equivalent to \! but is not POSIX compliant.

What's diabolical is that all this stuff takes 4 or 5 hours to crash these days.
We change a handful of bytes and come back in the morning for the next oh-shit.

:^)

Thanks for the tip.

pjr