Re: nodejs fails on make install -current i386

Greg Troxel writes:
> "Phil Rulon" <pjr%zephyrite.net@localhost> writes:
>
> > With an empty /var/db/pkg on recent -current and pkgsrc of 2019-02-13,
> > nodejs builds successfully but fails at make install.
> > There is a notable issue early on:
> >
> > find: -not: unknown option
> >
> > -not is a GNUism.  After looking into the issue, I was unable to locate the
> > offending line.  This may not be the central problem.
>
> FWIW, on netbsd-8, amd64, with a lot of other things installed, and
> up-to-date lang/nodejs, it built and packaged ok for me (with
> PKG_DEVELOPER=yes).

I also saw no issues with my amd64 machines running -8.  The problem seems to
be isolated to i386.  There is a bit of assembler code with C fallbacks that
may not be getting switched in properly.  This may not be the source of the
problem.

What's notable is that the make phase runs fine.  It's only when make install
is run, that missing files are discovered.  I've looked at the code a bit,
this package is one of the relatively hairy ones, so far no joy.  I did try it
with PKG_DEVELOPER=yes.  I'm not much of an autotools guy, so it's slow going.

I'm a little worried that folks are giving up on the i386, I hope not.  I still
have an old ThinkPad that I'd like to run a browser on.

pjr