Binary naming conventions for projects written in python

Hi, everyone!

Is there a convention about how to name binaries provided by a python module package. The module itself get installed into ${PYSITELIB} which is something like ${LOCALBASE}/lib/python${PYPKGPREFIX}/site-packages so there are no conflicts
for packages build with different values of PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT.

However some python modules provide binaries. For exmaple, I committed wip/py-distro and wip/conan recently, which provide binaries bin/distro and bin/conan (not really
binaries, just tiny shell wrappers, but anyway).

What is the naming convention that allows to have both versions binaries from each of these packages? Should I follow python's scheme: conan2.7 + conan3.6 & distro2.7 + distro3.6?

If yes, should these packages provide symlinks conan -> conan2 -> conan2.7, etc?

Or maybe there is no convention yet?

--
Aleksej Lebedev