Re: Repackaging android blobs into pkgsrc packages

Aleksej Lebedev <root%zta.lk@localhost> writes:

> On 2018-12-25 12:03, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> From: Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>, Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 11:58:32
>> -0500
>>>
>>> The license tag on qt5 says
>>>
>>>   gnu-lgpl-v2.1 AND gnu-gpl-v3
>>>
>>> which doesn't seem that odd.  Can you explain the issue more
>>> specifically?  I wonder if our tag is wrong (quick search gives
>>> hints of
>>> lgpl 3, not 2), and if your problem is gpl2/3 compatibility, or
>>> something else.
>>
>> The LICENSE of qt5 should be
>> gnu-lgpl-v2.1 AND gnu-lgpl-v3 AND gnu-gpl-v2 AND gnu-gpl-v3
>> for source code.
>>
>> I will commit the fix tonight.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>
> Hi, Greg!
>
> Versions 5.6 and earlier seemed to have (l)gpl-v2.1:
> https://doc.qt.io/qt-5.6/licensing.html
>
> But after 5.6 I only see (l)gpl-v3: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/licensing.html
>
> Am I missing something?
> Could you point me out to where you saw (l)gpl-v2.1 mentioned?

I think you are confusing who said what.

Note that reading a web page is not definitive about licensing.  You
need to examine the source to be sure.

If you think there is a bug, please be specific about what should change
and your rationale.  (I'm not saying you are wrong, just that without a
clear explanation it is unlikely that someone will jump to do the work.)