Re: Repackaging android blobs into pkgsrc packages

On 2018-12-25 12:03, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
Hi,

From: Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>, Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 11:58:32 -0500
While here, I have a question regading qt5. Pkgsrc jumped over 5.6
long time ago, but as I recently learned QT switched to a different
license after 5.6 which make it impossible for us to use the most
recent version provided by pkgsrc. My question is doesn't it affect
pkgsrc too? And was there a plan to include qt-5.6 in pkgsrc as a
separate package?

The license tag on qt5 says

  gnu-lgpl-v2.1 AND gnu-gpl-v3

which doesn't seem that odd.  Can you explain the issue more
specifically? I wonder if our tag is wrong (quick search gives hints of
lgpl 3, not 2), and if your problem is gpl2/3 compatibility, or
something else.

The LICENSE of qt5 should be
gnu-lgpl-v2.1 AND gnu-lgpl-v3 AND gnu-gpl-v2 AND gnu-gpl-v3
for source code.

I will commit the fix tonight.

Thank you very much.

Hi, Greg!

Versions 5.6 and earlier seemed to have (l)gpl-v2.1: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5.6/licensing.html

But after 5.6 I only see (l)gpl-v3: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/licensing.html

Am I missing something?
Could you point me out to where you saw (l)gpl-v2.1 mentioned?

Thanks in advance!

--
Aleksej Lebedev