Request tex-attachfile (or alternatives)

I was looking to use `attachfile' with pkgsrc based latex installation.

While I did not find attachfile, I see following similar sounding ones:

# grep attachfile */PLIST
auctex/PLIST:${EMACS_LISPPREFIX}/auctex/style/attachfile.el
auctex/PLIST:${EMACS_LISPPREFIX}/auctex/style/attachfile.elc
tex-oberdiek-doc/PLIST:share/texmf-dist/doc/latex/oberdiek/attachfile2.pdf
tex-oberdiek/PLIST:share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/oberdiek/attachfile2.sty

Any tips on whether any of these could be used in place of attachfile
would help.

I could also see wip/tex-attachfile-doc, though wonder why there is no
corresponding tex-attachfile package.

If tex-attachfile must be created, if there are any instructions please
let me know.

Mayuresh