Re: Removing editors/hnb "Hierarchical NoteBook"

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 12:26 PM <coypu%sdf.org@localhost> wrote:

> > Since the patch spans most of the files used by hnb, I was thinking an
> > unified diff that covers all the changed files would make more sense
> > than having to have a new patch-* for every single file changed which
> > would be close to 35 files.
> >
> > Do you think a single unified diff with a meaningful file name like
> > patch-pointer-fixes would make more sense?
> >

> Sure, you can do that. It doesn't seem like we do multi-file patches
> much in pkgsrc, but they do exist. I suspect because of 'mkpatches' not
> generating them.
>
> There's a couple of places where people started distributing a large
> patch as a distfile, too.

In the end I decided to make them individual patches. So each of the
modified file has an equivalent patch-* file in the patches directory.

Also patch-aa and patch-ab has been merged with the other patches
acting on the respective files so as of now only patch-ac exists from
the old set of patches.

> > I shall send you the diff once I have better integration with pkgsrc.
>
> Good luck!

It seems taking the diff was a bit messy for me, so I put it up in a
github repository

https://github.com/fraggerfox/hnb-pkgsrc

The first commit was the package from pkgsrc and then the fixed ones
were committed above it. So taking and viewing a diff should not be
too hard.

I could build the package both in i386 and amd64 (both are VMs) and
they both gave a functioning UI and I could exit the program without
causing any segfaults.

I also did a pkglint(1) and fixed the reported issues where ever I could.

> One exra thing: something is currently mis-behaving regarding ncurses in
> pkgsrc, you might want to start your testing with:
> rm pkgsrc/*/ncurses/builtin.mk
> (if on netbsd)
>
> I'll try to address that...

I did not face any specific issues with the inclusion of ncurses
library and I have not changed anything related to that.

Do let me know if a build + run works for you. And if things are fine
we can proceed with the CVS commit.

--
Santhosh