Re: Building binary package off of remote binary set

* On 2018-11-01 at 21:01 GMT, J. Lewis Muir wrote:

> It sure would be nice to have a way to use Joyent (or TNF or other)
> binary packages but be able to build private packages off of that.  In
> other words, it would be great to not have to build locally all the
> packages that Joyent (or TNF or other) has already built just because I
> want to build some packages that are private.

This is what our pkgbuild infrastructure does:

  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/wiki/pkgdev:setup
  https://github.com/joyent/pkgbuild/

It sets up an identical build environment to what we use, and will
pull binary packages from our repository for dependencies (with a
node.js proxy running in the background to store them locally for
subsequent builds).