Re: Shared distfiles over NFS for several machines

Slightly off-topic, but a suggestion for another method other than NFS:
in the past I've used a small web-proxy script I wrote to stash the
distfiles on my network edge host at the same time as downloading them -
that way it worked as normal according to the pkgsrc fetch model without
modification and I ended up with a directory containing the distfiles
I wanted ... had I used something like squid I would have then had to
unpick its local data store to reconstitute the original distfiles which
was a hassle

Unfortunately I haven't built my own pkgsrc packages for a while and I
don't think I have the script any longer ... I can take a look for it if
people are interested

Regards,
Malcolm

--