Re: seg fault building npm

On 16/10/2018 20:31, Mike Pumford wrote:
With an 8.0 stable system fetch 15/09/2019 (although I've been seeing the same behaviour on my last 3 weekly 8-stable builds) I'm seeing a seg-fault very early in the building of npm:

Failure output is as follows:

I've only recently added node to my package build list so I've got no idea what would be expected here. The nodejs javascript interpreter seems okay although I did get this slightly worrying output building it:
=> Generating pre-install file lists
/bin/chmod -R g-w /pkg_comp/obj/pkgsrc/lang/nodejs/default/node-v10.11.0

#
# Fatal process OOM in heap setup
#

[1]   Illegal instruction (core dumped) /pkg_comp/obj/pk...

#
# Fatal process OOM in heap setup
#

[1]   Illegal instruction (core dumped) /pkg_comp/obj/pk...
Got to the bottom of this. This goes away if I paxctl +m the node binary
in the build directory in between the make and the make install. I'm not familiar enough with the pkgsrc make targets (and paxctl) to know the best way to make that happen. My guess is to do it in the preinstall target. Am I right?

I'm also looking at the gfind dependency as well as that looks like a relatively simple makefile patch.

Not sure if this will help with the npm issue but one problem at a time. :)

Mike