Re: Windows port?

On 05/25/18 09:19, Jason Bacon wrote:
On 05/25/18 04:02, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 02:04:54PM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
2. Performance is intolerable in some respects.  It shows the same
bottlenecks I'm used to seeing in Cygwin.  Unpacking the pkgsrc dist took an order of magnitude longer than it would on a real BSD or Linux system on this hardware.  GNU configure scripts in the pkgsrc bootstrap perform about 1 check / second, similar to what I've seen under Cygwin.  I get far better
performance out of a VM guest running BSD or Linux under VirtualBox.
Were do you put the files? There is an open bug report about the
performance of the virtual mounts (i.e. /mnt/*).

Joerg

Under /home/bacon/Pkgsrc on a vanilla installation, no hacks.

Does the bug only affect things under /mnt from the Linux view?

Is this the bug you're referring to?

https://github.com/Microsoft/WSL/issues/873

Almost 2 years old...  :-(